The winners of Family Business of the Year will be combining their passion in business with their shared family values. Your business may have been passed down to you or you have started a business to pass on to your children in the future. The judges will be looking at how you can grow you business while still keeping your core family values at the centre of everything you do.
Terms and Conditions
- You may enter up to 2 awards categories, each entry must be submitted on a separate entry form.
- You may only enter 1 public vote category. If you are nominated in more than one, the first category you are nominated in will be the category chosen unless notified otherwise.
- All entries as well as supporting documents must be submitted online, if you have any queries about hard copies of evidence please contact the team
- The categories are open to all businesses paying their rates to a council in Luton and Bedfordshire who commenced business prior to 1st January 2018
- If you commenced business after the 1st January 2018, you can enter up to 3 categories from Best New Business, Business Person of the Year, Business Woman of the Year, The Green Award, Young Business Person of the Year, Website of the Year and the Public Vote Categories.
- Entry is FREE
- Entrants must have less than 250 employees at the time of entering or be self employed
- A sponsor cannot enter an award in the category that they are sponsoring
- Each category has different requirements in terms of length of time in business or age of entrant – please see individual awards for specific rules
- If you are to win a starred category (*) you will automatically make it through to the SME National Business Awards Final
- Local Awards do not go through to the National Final
- If you have won the same category two years in a row, you cannot enter the category again
- The comments made on your application form should be accurate to the best of your knowledge
- The Judges will be representatives from each of the sponsors and guest judges, who are well respected experts in their field
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering these awards, you agree to our business partners and sponsors having access to your contact details
- Entrants must be available for consultation with the Judges should the need arise
- By entering the awards you agree to partake in publicity of the awards, including the use of any images taken
- Should a category not receive sufficient entries, it will be withdrawn from the Awards Ceremony
- Entries will only be accepted on the official online entry form
- Entry is completed solely on your application form, there will be no site visits
- The closing date for all entries is Thursday 25th June at 3pm.
- We reserve the right to extend the deadline
- A representative from all finalists will be required to attend the Grand Final evening at their own cost.
- Please note that due to the nature of the Awards Night, Children under the age of 16 will not be able to attend.
- The Grand Final date is being held at Bedford Corn Exchange on Wednesday 16th September 2020.
- Refund policy – Grand Final Tickets, there is a 100% refund within 60 days of event, 50% refund within 45 days of event and zero refund within 30 days of event
- Refund policy – There is zero refund on all merchandise due to the nature of our ordering process.
- By entering the awards, you authorise us to use personal data collected during the registration process for the purposes of administering the awards, receiving/circulating further information regarding the awards and other relevant events from time to time. To opt out please email email@example.com
Please note: Any financial information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be disclosed to anyone other than the panel of judges.
Only pay when you have completed your application